The Halfway Mark!

So, here it is. The official halfway mark of my three-year degree. As cliché as it is, it really HAS gone quickly and sometimes I wonder if I have even retained any information from this whirlwind university experience at all! I have had my ups and downs without a doubt, with my worst ‘down’ only a couple of months ago. Sometimes it’s hard to remember where you’re at, and where you’re going. But my personal tutor has been a life-line of advice and the friends I’ve made here have always had my back. It’s not easy, especially as a mature student, trying to juggle the independent life you’ve been living for the past 13 years alongside a whole new world of studying and deadlines. But let me tell you, it definitely is doable, and the network of support at this university is overwhelmingly available, sometimes to the point that I don’t know who best to ask for help from! I’m already anxious about one particularly big exam this coming January and I am equally anxious about finding the motivation to begin revision. But as always, I will do it, and it will be fine, because I’ve already proved to myself that nothing is ever as bad as I think it will be! So here’s to the second half of my rollercoaster ride at Bristol! Cheers!

Sarah Sarah-Muston-tb

Tagged with:
Posted in Archaeology and Anthropology