Home for the Holidays

I’ve finally reached the end of this long semester. I think this has probably been the most busy and tiring Autumn semester I’ve had while being at university for several reasons. I’ve applied for postgraduate (MA/MMus/MPerf) courses (on recorder) at three conservatoires in London and one in Birmingham. Since getting my UCAS application in at the end of September, up until the auditions at the start of December, I was practising for a few hours each day, and generally preparing to give the best impression of myself at the auditions/interviews. It paid off though: was lucky enough to be offered places at all the colleges! – Conditional on me getting my degree, which takes the pressure off this final year a bit. I’ve also started a part time job this term, which isn’t too taxing, but juggling essay deadlines, practise and this job has involved some careful scheduling at times. I’ve really enjoyed living with my house mates this term, and am really pleased with the units I’ve chosen for this year. I’m exhausted, ready to see family and switch off from uni for a bit, but am sure next term will bring even more excitement. Happy Christmas!

Ben benjamin-carr-tb

Tagged with:
Posted in Music