The Sun

There have been sunny days in Bristol! After months of wearing my winter jacket (even on the days when there’s a little bit of sun, because let’s be real, sun doesn’t necessarily mean warmth), I finally was able to go out without it. Dare I say I even felt a bit of sweat? If you can’t tell already, I have been over the moon about the sun. So much so, that I considered making this whole blog about the sun. I wanted to write a poem about the sun, and maybe even include a few pictures, but I guess I should talk about some other stuff.

Easter Break is coming up soon, and there have been essay deadlines this last week of March, which I have surprisingly met early, and with relatively little stress. I think the sun, and the flowers blooming outside my bedroom window may have been responsible for this lack of stress.  Bristol is honestly so beautiful on the perfect spring days. I can’t wait for you to see it.

My Easter Break is going to consist of more sun in Kenya, family, and frantic dissertation writing and editing. My dissertation is due right after the break, exams are pretty soon after, and then I’ll be done. Where did all the time go? Is this the right time to reminisce about my time at the university? Probably not. All I’ll say is that there’s so much to enjoy in Bristol. There’s something for everyone, and it really is what you make it. I would recommend learning and experiencing as much as you can, or just getting extremely excited about the sun as I do. Both are totally valid.

I realise I haven’t talked about enough Philosophy, so why don’t we have a quote by David Hume? That’s Philosophy, right?

“That the sun will not rise tomorrow is no less intelligible a proposition, and implies no more contradiction, than the affirmation, that it will rise.” – David Hume

Technically he is talking about sorts of knowledge and matters of fact here, but did you see the bit about the sun? He’s totally excited about the sun too.

Vanessa 

Tagged with:
Posted in Philosophy