Only One More Term To Go

It’s now reached the end of the first term of my final year at Bristol University and I can’t quite believe how quickly it’s all gone. This term has definitely felt like a step up from second year; even though the workload is quite similar, knowing that this year counts for 75 percent of my final degree mark means that I am feeling the pressure more. Last week I handed in my Philosophy extended essay, which is a bit like a dissertation; we are able to choose any title that we like, and then write a 7000 word essay around this title with the help of a supervisor. I decided to write mine on whether multiculturalism is bad for women, a really interesting topic which I really enjoyed being able to explore in so much detail. It is quite scary handing in one piece of work that you know counts for quite a lot of your degree though!
It’s been a busy term, as I am also balancing university work with captaining the ladies’ university hockey fourth eleven team. It is proving to be really enjoyable, and it’s good to know that I have a break from work every Wednesday on match day. I am also really enjoying living with the same girls as in second year, but this time in Clifton Village, which is a great location and also such a pretty place to live.
I am now looking forward to going home for Christmas and having a break from essays for a week or two, before it’s time to start on the next one!

Phoebe phoebe-rudgard-tb

Tagged with:
Posted in Philosophy