Big Fish in a Big Pond

As autumn kicks in, so does the new term and my second year at Bristol! I had missed the buzz of the city whilst being at home in St Albans over the summer and am very happy to be back and settled into my new house. This year I am living in the city centre of Bristol, at the bottom of Park Street- right in the middle of it all and so close to everything. I have found my new favourite places to go walking: along the harbour-side and through Brandon Hill Park- such beautiful views and great places for people watching. I really feel it’s made a difference living centrally as it’s so easy to get involved with so many activities around the city.
In particular, I have taken advantage of having the student’s union so close. I don’t think I really appreciated the SU in first year and the great events that are put on. This year I have been to events such as a Ted Talks and a silent disco which was a great laugh. Going into my second year I have noticed how much more confident and assured everyone seems- like big fish in, well, a big pond. But with this buoyancy comes a larger amount of work responsibility, which is certainly more of a challenge but one that I am more than happy to sink my teeth into!

Jasmine jasmin-greenland-tb

Tagged with:
Posted in Film and Television