Balancing workload

I am now over half way into my first teaching block of second year. I have had around 5 deadlines this term, which have all been met (albeit with several late nights), and generally feel on top of the work load. A few weeks ago I decided to drop one of the 20 credit units I was doing this term, as I was not particularly enjoying it and felt I would get a mark for it that I wouldn’t be pleased with. I spoke to my unit director about this, and they were fine with me dropping it – as long as I took up another 20 credit unit next term (generally, 120 ‘credits’ worth of university assignments are taken each academic year). Thankfully, a unit on music analysis is running next term (which I feel I am good at), so I’ve now been signed up to that!

– Ben
benjamin-carr-tb
This has meant that I now have fewer lectures this term, but this has been useful because I am currently preparing for my flute diploma exam during the Christmas holidays and now have more time to practice. I’ll soon be receiving my exam timetable for January on the Universities’ intranet system, Blackboard – scary, since these exams will count to my degree mark! I hope to also get my mark for an essay I submitted a couple of weeks ago in a few days.

Tagged with:
Posted in Music