Exams, Compositions and Cross Country Running

It is good to be back in Bristol after a long four week holiday. Although I really enjoyed my break, I did not do as much work as I would have liked; revision for my Approaches to Music History exam, and the completion my Further Technical Studies portfolio felt rather rushed. I have been back in Bristol for just over two weeks now. These past couple of weeks have been the University’s official January Assessment period. Thankfully, there are no lectures during this time, meaning that while members of staff are still in the department, available to answer exam-queries, there tends to be no official timetabled teaching. On the whole, I felt my January assessments actually went pretty well: I handed in my portfolio on time (work can be penalised by 10% if they are handed in late), consisting of a couple of string quartets composed in the style of Haydn and Mozart, and some songs in the style of Schubert; the two questions I had prepared for on my Approaches to Music History Exam (‘Wagner and Race’ and ‘The Medieval Politics of Plainchant’) were sufficiently open-ended for me to use the information I’d learnt to write a satisfying answer. I was also pleased with how my recorder recital went. This coming Saturday is the BUCS (British Universities and College Sport) Cross Country championships in Brighton. Although I haven’t done as much training as I would have liked, I am looking forward to competing in the men’s B race with the Uni Cross Country Club, and spending some time with friends outside of a studying-context.

Ben
benjamin-carr-tb

Tagged with:
Posted in Music