When things don’t go your way

Things are pretty much the same as they were at the beginning of the term. The workload started picking up even more, especially when essay deadlines started coming closer and closer. I kind of knew it was going to busy workwise, but it was quite manageable. But regardless of how well you plan stuff, and how well you organise your time when it comes to deadlines, some things are beyond your control, like becoming ill in the middle of the one week when everything is due. Which is not helpful, in the slightest. And on top of being ill, you’re stressing over work because your well organised plan kind of falls apart. But as stressful and annoying it is, it happens.

It’s important to bear in mind though, that regardless of what your problem is, chances are you aren’t the first person to have this issue, and the people in your department generally know how to deal with it. If you’re anything like me, you might not necessarily like getting extensions to essay deadlines, and kind of just want to get on with it – but these things are in place for when things beyond your control happen, and are ultimately there to help you.

Luckily, I’ve only got one exam in January, in Advanced Issues in Archaeology and Anthropology. So while part of the Christmas will be spent revising, I’m going to try and relax a bit before next terms where I have my dissertation to look forward to!

– Khadija

khadija-ali-tb1

Tagged with:
Posted in Archaeology and Anthropology